Here are some resources that I enjoy
- How to turn a chunk of embroidery into a small purse - a lovely tutorial on "Panel to Purse" on the blog "The Compleatly Dressed Anachronist".
- Instructional videos for embroidery stitches (and a host of other stitching resources) - Mary Corbet's "Needle 'n Thread"
- Some nice articles on goldwork embroidery and general skills are on Ruth O'Leary "Textile Art" blog
- http://fabrics-store.com/ - Fabrics Store: Excellent source of budget linen in a variety of weights and styles.
- http://www.fabricmartfabrics.com/ - Fabric Mart Fabrics: A good selection of fabrics including linen, wool, and silk. Their mailing list sends out excellent coupons regularly
- http://www.carolinacalicoes.com/ - Carolina Calicoes: A frequent SCA vendor and great source of linens and wools
- http://www.wmboothdraper.com/ - William Booth, Draper: A variety of reenactment fabrics
- http://www.bblackandsons.com/ - B Black and Sons: wool!