Friday, November 14, 2008

Fingerloop braiding fun

I started looking at fingerloop braiding to make my drawstring and handle. I've been having fun with it. I have this cone of Kreinik Japan #7 which begs to be used, so I pulled out some of my Splenda silk and made a cord using this pattern. I forgot to factor in the fact that Japan thread stretches, so it got hard to work with near the end since the silver loops were getting significantly longer than the silk ones. The pattern still worked though, I just had to go really slow and be careful.

I think it turned out really nice. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. I really don't have a strong since of style, so I usually end up giving stuff away. Its nice because people usually enjoy hand made stuff and then I'm so pleased when they come up with some pretty way to use it. So here's my random cord of blue silk and silver thread:

No comments: