Saturday, June 6, 2009

Critter progress

I've decided to start work on some bigger stuff, so I've began work on one of the border critters a few weeks ago. In the tapestries it seems fairly arbitrary whether the fill stitches are vertical or horizontal, so I went with vertical because I like it better (and maybe its more common). I don't have any color photos of this specific little guy, but I have some very similar ones that I'm using as a reference. Things have been busy, so its slow going, but here is the beginnings:


Chris Laning said...

Hi Helene --

Nice work!

I've been working with Kathy Storm on a Brick Stitch issue of the West Kingdom Needleworkers Guild newsletter and would love to ask you some questions.

I can be e-mailed via my profile at the Paternosters blog.

Helene said...

I would be happy to help you out! I sent you an email in June, but I haven't heard back. Please let me know if you're still interested :)