Monday, March 18, 2013
I'm in the midst of packing and have taken the opportunity to sort my craft stuff by unfinished projects. If I pack everything else then I can't start a new project, so I *must* finish them! So far, it's working. I had one finished rose and one that just needed a few more minutes of work, so I pulled them out as my first challenge. Now, I've finished my two wool roses! They are a combination of satin stitch, Klosterstich, and stem stitch. They are stitched on linen, using "Designer's Dream" wool from Rainbow Gallery. I posted a picture of the thread palette just for fun. The wool is a very fine wool, which is fairly easy to work with. It's not too fuzzy, but it does tire pretty quickly. The threads are very springy, so you have to be extra careful with stitch tension.