Monday, November 30, 2009

Scroll case

I went to a scroll painting class a while back and have finally finished painting a scroll for the Barony. There's been talk on several of my mailing lists about scroll cases, as well as out and about, so I decided to whip one up for transport to and from meetings for the scrolls that I do. I read a bunch of "how-to" articles and then kind of went about it haphazardly. I had to bust out with my quilting foot to do some bizarre angle sewing due to not really thinking things through, but I got it done. It was a quick (probably 30 minutes) project that resulted in something useful, so I'll call it a win. It worked out ok and now I have a functional scroll case for transport (and a much better idea about how to get it done next time).

For transport I would put the paint towards the inside (instead of facing out for the photo op). The bottom panels are just little flaps sewn into the spine. They flip open at the corner so that they kind of act like pockets but aren't tight enough to cause any trouble with paper. The case itself is cardboard (from a diaper box) covered in some blue flannel scraps I had laying around with a little purple tie string.

No comments: