I finally have finished the gold word scissor case that I started a while back. I recently picked it up out of my UFO stash and set about finishing it. I've been sick so it took a while. The case is stitched on white linen and lined with black linene. I made a little button for the catch by wrapping silk threads around a wooden bead. Then I made a tassle with the gold and silk for the bottom. I finished it off with some braids for the handle and latch.
I was a bit nervous with the finishing work, since I just haven't done much of it before, but once I got going I just forged ahead. I'm was pleasantly surprised at how nice it turned out. I think that I like the back side with the button catch far more than the front!