Friday, July 5, 2013

Gold work doodle #1

Goldwork Doodle #1 I've finally started playing around more with my faux (cheap) gold work kit that I put together a while back. I've been wanting to do something more than the little sample swatches I put together before. I have mounted a few bits of wool on the frame and without much planning or fanfare, begun to doodle. The first bit turned out to be a rose, which is about 1.5 inches in diameter. I like the results and have improved my skills substantially. At some point I realized that I had accidentally committed myself to quite a bit more chip work than I wanted, but I stayed the course. It's hard to see, but the petals are padded and have a sloped, bubble effect for surprisingly nice dimensional effects (for a first try). I've used up all the check in that size, but the results have amazing sparkle. I think I would like to display it in a dark closet with one candle for the "oooh" effect!

No comments: